Summer Camp: (Tues., Wed., & Thurs.*) 9:00am - 12:00pm (snack included). Parents have the option of packing a bagged lunch.
Week One: June 27, June 28, June 29
Week Two: July 5, July 6, July 7
Week Three: July 11, July 12, July 13
* Due to the 4th of July holiday, Week Two will be on Wednesday (7/5), Thursday (7/6), and Friday (7/7).
Bucktown Academy offers a three-week summer camp where campers will enjoy a fun mix of creative activities, games, and sports. This camp is specially designed for three- through five-year-old campers who are ready to explore, play, and make new friends in a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment. Each week is new and exciting as we explore and celebrate a new theme.
Under the supervision of Bucktown Academy's experienced and certified staff, day campers have fun, develop new skills, try new things, gain self-confidence, and grow in ways that will benefit them long after the program is over.
Please note: All campers must be toilet-trained and born on or before June 27, 2014 to attend camp
Throughout the week campers participate in the following activities:
- New weekly theme
- Outdoor activities and adventures
- Arts and crafts
- Music and movement
- Introduction to sports
- Creative and performing arts
- Leadership and team building activities
Summer Camp Schedule:
Every day campers will participate in arts and crafts, story-time, free play, and snack time in the classroom. Campers will also walk to Erhler Playlot Park daily for outdoor fun and sports training by Mr. G. In addition to the daily activities listed above, there will also be walking trips to local businesses and special classes. See the schedule below for our special classes.
Theme for week One: Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!
- Bug Tattoos
- Bug Scavenger Hunt
Theme for week Two: Under the sea!
- Walking Trip to Margie's Candies
- Under the Sea Art Project
Theme for week Three: Dinosaurs!
- Zumba in the Park
- Dino Songs & Dancing
Important camp information:
- Full payment is due before the first day of camp
- Payment is non-refundable
- Campers must be potty trained
- Campers must be ages three through five
- Campers must be born on or before June 27, 2014.
- Campers should be dressed for outdoor play (flip flops are discouraged)
- Campers should bring a water bottle to camp every day
- All bagged lunches must be peanut and nut-free
- Camp hours are from 9:00am to 12:00pm
- In order to provide a non-disruptive environment, we ask that campers are not dropped off late or picked up late
- Drop off begins at 8:50
- Pick up starts at 11:50
Camp choices and rates:
- 3 weeks of camp = $500.00 (best deal)
- 2 weeks of camp = $360.00
- 1 week of camp = $180.00
Our lead teacher, Rebecca Gonzalez, will be assisted by Mr. G.
Who is Mr. G?
Joshua Greenberg was raised in Mercer Island, Washington, a suburb of Seattle, and came to the Midwest to attend Washington University in Saint Louis, Missouri. After graduating with a degree in psychology, he came to Chicago where he earned his Master’s in Education from DePaul University. He taught at Oscar Mayer Elementary School, where he worked for four years before residing at Newberry Academy, where he currently works. Besides teaching math at Newberry Academy, he coaches their track and field teams and is the head of the girls basketball program at Walter Payton College Prep.
How to register:
If you would like to register your child for summer camp, please email Rebecca Gonzalez at Bucktownacademy@gmail.com or call us at (773) 666-5788.